Introduction Blog Post (6/2/2024)

 Hello everyone!

Welcome to my summer blog where I will be documenting my summer internship experience at the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets, Environmental Surveillance Division. I am entering my senior year at the University of Vermont, and I'm majoring in Wildlife and Fisheries Biology. 

My first day is tomorrow, June 3rd, and I am very excited. I will be doing a variety of things, such as tick and mosquito collection from a multitude of sites throughout the entire state of Vermont. In the lab, I will spend time identifying these samples, rearing larvae for the lab's collection, and collaborating with the CDC in collecting Culiseta melanura blood meal samples. Additionally, I will work on a data analysis project throughout my internship period.

Last summer I worked for a small mosquito control district doing similar work to the work I will be doing this coming summer. I enjoyed the work I did last year, especially time spent in the field. I am excited to further hone my fieldwork and lab skills. What excites me so much about this summer is that I get to monitor the entire state of Vermont, so I will see so many different places and ecosystems. I'm also eager to learn and understand the public health aspect of managing for vector borne diseases. 

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 Recap

Recap Blog of Weeks 2, 3 & 4